Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's cold outside.


 
It's actually an electric fireplace.

We built one into the Garden Room.  They are amazing  these days and I've used them in several homes where we want the ambiance, but not necessarily the heat.  They're perfect for Dining Rooms and also great for highrise condos, where running a gas line is not a possibility. What's especially wonderful about this one is my client can run the fire in summer when the air conditioning is on.  lol 

I'll have actual photos  of the fireplace soon since it is already complete and painted.  It's just waiting for the fireplace surround to go in.  I can hardly wait until it has been installed.  The floor is a wonderful beige "brick" patterned in herringbone with a border...all adding to the garden-like feel.  
~ ~ ~

I'm back.  Took a quick photo today.  The scaffold's in the way, but I think you can get an idea of what it will look like.



Finished! 
Draperies will be Next -- maybe a linen sheer on thin, metal rods that are antiqued.



No comments:

Post a Comment